Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Animate cameras for shot previz, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] In this movie … we'll set up several camera animations … with the goal of being able to produce multiple shots, … which could then be cut together … to pre-visualize a sequence. … So, you can create cameras from the camera menu here. … I've already got a few in this scene already, … if we just twirl down the hierarchy, … and we're looking through the 300mm lens, … which we were using in the previous movie … when we created this animation. … And by using a telephoto lens we're kind of … flattening out a lot of the perspective here. … It looks like we're filming this from far away, … this for me doesn't seem quite right for the external shots. … However, the internal shot, … using a wide lens is quite right. … So, you can change the lens … and the focal length just by coming over to here, … and it really does change the look and feel of a scene. … At the end of the previous movie … I thought it would be nice to take this static camera … So, let's just change to our four views, …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.