Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the helper object, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- Okay, so if we look at our reference…of the tableau curtain, you'll see that…it moves from the middle here.…It's kind of constrained here.…And it just has this arcing motion here.…And in the real world, that arcing motion…is achieved by a cable wire…that's threaded through the curtains itself,…and we want to simulate that…so that we can pull our curtain off to the side…and have it cinched over here…and draped on the left and the bottom part right here.…So, we can do that by the creation of a helper object.…
So, by helper object, all I mean is just…a simple piece of geometry…that we can use as a stand in for that cable.…So, I'm going to disable my subdivision surface…and move over to a front view…by hitting f4 on the keyboard.…I'll hit H to frame everything up.…And now I'm going to create a brand new plane.…And here in the Object tab,…first of all I need to change up the orientation…from +y to -z and that'll allow us…to see it facing towards us.…We'll also take the basic tab…and change up the color it's on…and leave that white, so it's…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.