Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding colliders, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- Now that we have our flag belted to the objects,…let's see how the simulation plays out…in relation to the flagpole itself.…Previously we had the flag pole and the flag…kind of intersecting each other.…So we'll solve that through the use of colliders.…So previously we had soloed some objects here,…and I just want to disable that…by Viewport Solo Off.…And I'll introduce the visibility of the flagpole again.…And let's just see where we are.…Let's just run this.…And it's going a little slow here because I've got…my flag set to Set Collision under the Expert tab.…
Let's go and turn that off.…I also have some of the forces here,…the wind is just pretty strong.…It's keeping this whole thing kind of afloat.…And it doesn't really fall down and hit this area here.…If we decrease the strength,…you'll notice that it's going to intersect…with the flagpole.…So, that's kind of the area that we need to address.…We could certainly keep this Wind Strength up,…but, if we decide to change later on…or have another simulation going with…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.