Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding the Cloth tag, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- So with our curtain model,…let's go in and add our cloth tags,…so we can begin to define how…the curtains should move as it opens.…I'll go through here and select my left curtain,…and right-click on it, go to Simulation Tags, Cloth.…Now under the Dresser tab, we have a Fix Points area,…and this is where we define which portions…of the curtain shouldn't move.…And so, we want to select all the points…that are up top here, this top row.…So let's switch over to point mode, and we'll grab…our rectangular selection tool, and we'll just draw…a box around those top rows of points, ok.…
Come back here to the Cloth Tag,…and save Fixed Points, Set.…You'll notice those orange dots,…now turn into purple, indicating those are fixed.…So if we come back, rewind, and deselect our curtain,…let's take a look at how its responding.…Ok, so it looks to be a little floppy, doesn't look like…it's very heavy in weight for the size I guess that it is,…and it is drooping down behind or below…our floor surface area, so we should probably include…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.