Adding falloff to lights will enable a greater level of control when lighting scenes in CINEMA 4D. In this video, learn how to turn on and manipulate falloffs on lights.
- [Instructor] We touched on the importance of…adding fall off to lights…at the beginning of this chapter.…And I've just set up this little scene here.…We've got our spotlight,…and it doesn't actually have any fall off on it…at the moment, and you can see it's…not got a really realistic decay of light.…So, first thing's first is to just…turn on the fall off.…And you can change the radius using…the numerical values here,…or you have a kind of visual here as well.…So I'm just gonna make it around here.…You can see it's now falling off…that distant point there.…
So, this becomes more important…when you get more lights in the scene.…So, say we want to fill in these shadows.…We can add another light,…and I've got one in the scene already,…and it's just completely overpowering,…completely washing everything out.…We lose all that character in the scene,…and it just looks terrible.…This makes it much more difficult…to control lights in the scene,…because the light just keeps going on forever.…So, let's add a fall off to this light that we have here.…
- Setting up scenes
- Modeling with splines
- Using Illustrator files in C4D
- Extruding depth and detail
- Animating in the Timeline
- Creating clones
- Using effectors
- Lighting motion graphics
- Applying materials
- Creating animated materials
- Compositing multipass renders with After Effects and C4D
- Rendering motion graphics in C4D
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Motion Graphics?
2. Setting Up a Project for Motion Graphics
3. Working with Splines
4. Working with the Timeline
5. The Power of MoGraph
6. Lighting for Motion Graphics
7. Materials for Motion Graphics
8. Rendering and Compositing for Motion Graphics
9. Motion Graphics Challenge
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.