Join Lisa Bock for an in-depth discussion in this video Hacking ethically, part of Ethical Hacking: Scanning Networks.
- [Voiceover] The goal of the Ethical Hacking series is to help system administrators understand how to better protect the assets they manage. I'll focus on the concepts of ethical hacking in order to explain why it's essential in any organization's overall security framework. The tests and procedures I explore should only be executed on your own system or a system that you are charged with protecting. If ownership and responsibility lie with another party, be sure to get clear, written instructions with explicit permission to conduct ethical hacking activities.
Do not investigate individuals, websites, servers or conduct any illegal activities on any system you do not have permission to analyze.
This course investigates the scanning tools and techniques used to obtain information from a target system, including specially crafted packets, TCP flags, UDP scans, and ping sweeps. Lisa Bock discusses how hackers can identify live systems via protocols, blueprint a network, and perform a vulnerability scan to find weaknesses. She also introduces some of the tools and techniques that hackers use to counter detection via evasion, concealment, and spoofing. In addition, learn how to reduce the threat of tunneling, a method hackers use to circumvent network security.
Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam (312_50). This course maps to the 03 Scanning Networks domain.
- Scanning overview
- Port scanning countermeasures
- Scanning and querying DNS
- Scanning with ICMP
- Mapping (or blueprinting) a network
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Using tools such as hping and NetScan
- Evading detection
- Concealing your network traffic
- Preventing tunneling
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Scanning Overview and Methodology
2. Identifying Live Systems Using Protocols
3. Blueprint the Network
4. Vulnerability Scanning
Commercial and free scanners3m 17s
5. Scanning Tools
6. Evading Detection
7. Concealing and Spoofing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.