To prepare the site for an IPsec VPN—agree on the parameters such as encryption, hash, and authentication algorithms, select the Diffie–Hellman group, and enable security features on the router.
- [Instructor] When preparing each site…for an IPsec VPN configuration,…both endpoints have to agree on the parameters,…parameters that include the encryption algorithm,…both sides must support the same algorithm,…the hash algorithm that's used such as SHA or MD5,…the authentication method, and the Diffie-Hellman group.…When everything is done,…the Security Association on each side must match.…
Before setting up the VPN,…we'll want to make sure that we enable…the security features on the router.…First, what I did was issue the show command…to see if the technology package is active.…Show version…and then as you can see,…the security package has not been active.…We're going to activate the module…for the next boot of the router.…We'll accept the license,…save the configuration, and reboot.…
Okay, now we'll copy, run.…Now we'll issue the command copy, run and config,…start up config, then we'll reload.…Now we'll say show version…and now we see that we have the security package enabled.…
To prepare the site for an IPsec VPN,…
- Using Packet Tracer
- Reviewing VPN topologies and components
- Encapsulating security payload protocol
- VPN configuration
- Hairpin and split tunnel VPN
- Clientless SSL VPN and AnyConnect SSL VPN
- Endpoint posture assessment
- Preparing sites for an IPsec VPN
Skill Level Intermediate
Troubleshooting Your Network with Wiresharkwith Lisa Bock2h 35m Intermediate
Cisco ICND2 Cert Prep: Switchingwith Russell Long2h 20m Intermediate
1. VPN Concepts
3. VPN Configuration
4. Remote Access VPN
5. Site-to-Site VPN
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.