You can customize your toolbar interface as well as create your own toolbars.
- I just spoke about toolbars…and how important they are to your…daily usage of Catia to customize…and put them where you need them…so you can work most efficiently and effectively.…Now next is menus.…As I look at the menus, you'll see…start, file, edit, view, insert,…tools, window and help.…Note: It's very important that you understand…these menus because based off of, again,…the workbench that you are currently working in,…these menu items will change.…
So, in part design, this is what I'm going to see.…When I get into the product design…and drafting later on, you're going to see that…menu options have changed based off of the…workbench that you're working in.…If I look under start,…start is where all of my available…workbenches are based off of the licensing I have selected.…For most of the course,…we're going to be working within mechanical design,…part design, and sketcher,…and then once we've created some parts,…we'll be going into the assembly design…and once we have our assembly or product created,…we'll be creating a drawing within the drafting workbench.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.