The CATIA menu and window change depending on which workbench you are in. Thus, knowing which workbench you are in is critical.
- [Instructor] Here I want to talk…a little bit about the tool bars.…The tool bars within CATIA v5 can be a little tricky…for the new user.…There are several things that you have to consider…when you're dealing with icons and toolbars…and how they're laid out.…If you initially come in and see chevrons…in the lower right-hand corner,…you can see here we have these little chevrons.…They're kind of hard to tell that they're there,…but, they're there.…These are indicating that you have tool bars…that are either longer than the screen or buried…and you have no access to those tools on the toolbar.…
Now one of the things that I like to do…is customize my toolbars, put them exactly where I like.…That way I don't have to worry about where's my icon?…If it's buried, how do I get access to that?…And, I like to turn on and turn off various toolbars…based off of, again, my needs.…So the first thing that I like to do…is for the most common tools that I use,…I like to make sure that they're in the same place…every single time.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.