Add any notes to help manufacturing and assembly.
- [Instructor] In The pervious video,…I added dimensions to my part.…Now here I'm going to add text.…So I'm going to go down to the text toolbar,…pull it out.…Now that I have the text toolbar pulled out,…what I want to do is place text without a leader…in this view.…Now you'll notice that I have a red boundary…on the lower view or the front view,…as you can see in the tree,…this is indicating the work view.…Because I'm placing text with Auto Leader,…it doesn't know that it wants to be associated with…as view, it's going to by default go into the work view.…
So in order for me to get this text with Auto Leader into…this view I have to double-click on it.…I can do that here or I can do that in the tree.…Now that it's my active view, when I place my text,…select my text icon, select where I want the text to go,…I can always move it afterwards,…and now you'll notice that…the text is being applied to that view.…Once I type in what I want, if I have a second line,…I need to go and hit Shift and then hit enter.…
If I just hit Enter it'll apply…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.