Learn how to set your Sketcher settings to make your environment just the way you want it.
- [Instructor] In the previous lecture,…I spoke a little bit about Sketch tools toolbar…and how important it is.…Now, there are some potential confusion…that people have between Sketch tools…and the Tools Options for Sketch.…So, I'm going to go into tools options and here,…what I want you to notice is,…under Mechanical Design, you have the Sketcher.…And so, when I click on Sketcher,…you're going to get all of the options…available for the sketch.…Notice that some of these are redundant.…
So for example, I have Display.…I have Snap to point.…If I turn on Snap to point,…what I want you to notice is that this icon…is going to go orange as soon as I select Ok.…Here you can see, Snap to point is now active.…Some of the options within the Tools Options for the Sketch…again, are redundant to what's inside…of this Sketch tools toolbar as well as,…an additional toolbar called Visualization.…
I'll talk a little bit about Visualization here,…but I'm going to have another lecture after this one,…specifically about the Visualization.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.