The Sketcher has some unique tools and toolbars. Learn what to look for when accessing them.
- [Instructor] Here you've see me bounce…in and out of the sketcher…quite a few times.…So this time I'm going to go ahead and turn to the sketch…and I want to talk about some of the options…that you have here,…and one of the most important toolbars…and is called sketch tools.…This is your basic interface…to within the sketcher upon how all of the other operators…that you're going to use, interact.…So, using the sketch tools toolbar…becomes very important…to anybody that really wants to be efficient and proficient…at sketching within CATIA v5.…
So, what's the big deal about this toolbar?…When I come in and select any sort of function,…in this case rectangle.…What I want you to notice is that the toolbar changes.…It morphs.…It's asking me,…where does my first point go for the rectangle?…I can enter those coordinates in, hit enter,…or I can simply pick out in space.…By picking out in space,…you'll notice that once again,…the sketch tools toolbar has changed.…Following the cursor along,…and once I select,…it closes out…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.