Learn about creating a couple of the sketches you need with the cupholder exercise.
- [Instructor] Here I want to get into some exercises.…We're going to be designing this cup holder upper.…Now this is the actual part, you'll have access…to this part, you're going to download it.…You can follow along using the actual data,…but you're going to create your own geometry based off of this.…So what I'm going to do is I'm going to make a new part.…I'm going to go file, new, part,…select OK, there's my new part.…Now, for the sake of this course,…I'm going to go ahead and do a tile vertically,…so you can see the actual side by side…and know exactly what's going on.…
By doing so, I now have access to the appropriate…sketches and sizes.…So sketch number one, we'll get right into it.…I'm going to double click on it here,…and you can see sketch number one…is going to be drawn on my XY plane.…So I'll go into the part that I want to design on,…I'm going to select my sketch icon,…select my XY plane, everything's oriented…just the way it needs to be, and I want to begin…sketching out this profile.…You'll notice that I'm drawing out…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.