Learn how to verify that you have a good sketch that can be used to make your solid features.
- [Narrator] There's a tool that you should become…intimately familiar with within the sketcher,…and it's the sketch analysis.…V5 is very picky about your sketches.…You need to have certain parameters set…within each sketch in order for them to be useful to you…outside of the sketch.…Now, if I go under the Tools, Sketch Analysis,…you'll see I have an icon as well for it…down at the bottom.…And what I want you to notice is that it's giving me…a list of all the geometry…that I currently have in the sketch.…
You'll see I have an open profile.…I have an isolated line, isolated line.…I have a point.…So what's happening is it's giving me a warning.…You can see the warning for isolated point.…V5 does not like to use points making a solid.…You can't extrude out a point…or pad out a point to make a solid.…So it's saying, "Hey, you got a problem with this."…And that's what's nice about the sketch analysis…is that you don't really have to go looking…because the sketch analysis tool will do…the looking for you.…
And it'll tell you that you do have…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.