Learn about the revolved features based off of a sketch.
- [Instructor] Here, I want to discus using shaft and groove.…Again, if I have a set up with the positive and negative,…or the adding of, and the removing of material.…So, for our revolve parts,…we have shaft, to create and add material.…I'll select the shaft icon,…select my sketch.…Once I have my sketch selected,…you'll notice that, at the bottom,…I have axis selection, okay?…Now, as I go through these menus,…you'll notice that I get…these little yellow exclamation points.…
This is indicating that I have to fulfill…the requirement in order to make this feature.…So, for my axis,…I'm just going to select this vertical direction in my sketch.…You'll notice as soon as I select that, gone.…Preview, and there's my material, created.…If we go ahead and undo this,…just control z on the keyboard.…If you had drawn in, double-click on that sketch,…an axis through that center line,…and exit out,…you don't actually see the axis outside of the sketch.…
But, when I go into my shaft,…you'll notice that it automatically…selects that sketch axis.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.