Learn about a few CATIA settings that should be set before your work begins. This will help you understand key settings.
- [Narrator] Now that we have our initial CAT bar created,…the first thing I'd like to discuss…are the tool options which set the overall…global preferences and options…for how you interact within CATIA.…So we'll go into Tools, Options.…Under the tools options, you'll see again,…several settings that control how you interact…within the CATIA session.…As a note, these different settings will be available…based off of licensing so what you see here…may be slightly different to what you actually have…on your machine.…
These are based off of our shareable products and licensing.…Within the licensing tab, we can see what licenses…we are drawing from.…You'll notice that there are literally dozens,…if not hundreds, of available licenses…and sharable file product types.…These control the various workbenches and tools…available to us.…When you first enter in to your CATIA session,…you're going to have to determine a license type.…
Shareable products, or floating licenses,…are tools that are routinely available to people…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.