Now that you have created a drawing, learn how to send it to the printer.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our drawing created,…we need to save our drawing.…So we're just going to go into file, save as,…and because this is the first time…we're saving this,…it doesn't matter if we hit save or save as.…It's going to take us to the same menu.…Save as.…Locate our folder.…And give it the appropriate name.…Now that our drawing has been saved,…we need to issue the drawing.…
So there's several ways we can issue this drawing.…We can go into file,…print.…With file print,…you have the capability of sending it to your printer.…You have several options here to position…the drawing on the piece of paper.…So I can rotate this, I can say "fit to",…reduce to scale slightly so if you want to have…a little boundary or border around it,…you can do that.…If you have a specific print area,…you can just say "display" or "selection"…so you can zoom up on the drawing,…whatever portion you want to print out will be printed.…
I can say…fit it to the page complete, whole,…and obviously no fitting is,…in some cases, if it's a large drawing,…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.