Learn about the Profile toolbar, which has all of your curve creation tools.
- [Instructor] Now I'm going to discuss…using the profile toolbar inside the sketcher.…So here, I'm going to create another sketch,…just like my sketch icon, and again, you can select…the plane you want to sketch on out of the tree,…or in the graphics window.…Once I'm in the sketcher,…you'll notice the way the toolbars are laid out.…Here we have profile, operation,…and constraint.…Here, I'm going to be speaking about the profile toolbar.…
Profile toolbar has all…of your curve creation methods available.…If I select on the profile icon,…notice first thing that the sketch tools toolbar changes.…Here, it's offering you various ways…to create your first curve.…You can either be a line of a three-point arc,…and again, the highlighted orange icon…is the one that's currently active.…By default, line is active.…And the way this profile under the profile toolbar works…is you select your first point,…and I'm not holding down mouse button one,…and I'm freely moving around my curve.…
As you can see, I have the rubber band effect.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.