Join Steven Marjieh for an in-depth discussion in this video Porcupine analysis, part of CATIA V5: Surfacing.
- [Instructor] A very important tool…you need to familiarize yourself with…is called Porcupine Curvature Analysis.…You can analyze the shape of curves with this tool.…Now, for this file, you need to download…your file references and open it up,…called porcupine, and let's get into it.…With the porcupine curvature,…you pick the curves or surfaces that you want to analyze,…and as you can see here, I have a whole chain of these.…And this chain is showing something very different…across the entire spectrum of Porcupine analysis.…
With this tool, you can verify the radius…or the curvature, and the differences between the two is…the curvature shows the actual curvature,…or the radius shows the inverse of the curvature.…Why this is important is because the curvature…on tighter curvature curves is going to show up more,…and flat spots aren't going to really show up at all,…whereas with radius, I'm measuring the inverse…of the curvature and it's going to allow us…to analyze our flatter areas a little bit better…versus our areas with more curvature.…
- Workbenches for surface creation
- Different meanings of hybrid design
- Point, line, and plane references
- Creating sweep surfaces
- Making 3D spline curves and offset surfaces
- Joining together elements
- Using transformations
- Extrapolating curves and surfaces
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Generative Shape Design
Settings and options2m 39s
2. Interface and Data Organization
3. Reference Elements and Curves
4. Basic Surfaces
Porcupine analysis4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.