Learn about different shading options as well as view orientations.
- [Instructor] The previous lecture was about moving…your data on screen the graphics window, using the mouse.…Pan, rotate, translate, zoom, centering.…Now, we have a tool bar, I'm going to bring this up,…called View, that allows us to manipulate our view as well.…Here, you can see the Fit All In icon, I can select on that,…and it'll fit the part into the screen.…Now I also have pan and rotate and the way these work,…as well as a zoom in and out,…is with the first mouse button.…
So if I click on the pan icon, I come out to the screen,…hold my first mouse button down and move it.…Now, you'll notice that once I release the mouse button,…the pan no longer is active.…I have to go back and click on it again.…Same thing with a rotate if I click on rotate,…I can do my rotate, once I'm done rotating,…it deactivates the rotate.…So you can see where these tools are useful,…but to be truly proficient,…you really need to get comfortable with using the mouse,…you have your zoom in as well and zoom out.…
Now, one of the tools that I find most useful…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.