Complete building the cupholder exercise using the original as a reference.
- [Instructor] So here we're going to finish…off the cup holder we started earlier.…We're going to come in,…going to go to pad one, right mouse click,…define our work object…so we can see what it looks like.…We're going to double click on it,…check it out, 19.25 millimeters,…and it's going to be going in the negative Z direction.…So let's cancel, click in the window we want to work in,…select pad icon,…reverse the direction.…Remember, negative Z.…19.25.…
We'll do the same thing for the next pad…define our work object.…This is going to be, again, negative Z, 30.5.…So we'll click in the window we want to work,…create our pad,…select our sketch, reverse, 30.5.…Next, we're going to add in our drafts.…So we'll just go to draft two, right mouse click,…define our work object so we can take a look at 'em.…First draft is going to be this outside wall.…I'm going to double click on it.…
My neutral element is this top element.…Remember, it's the blue one,…and the faces I want draft to the side,…so I can pick this center face…and the others will propagate…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.