Learn about how operations can be done to existing curves.
- [Instructor] I want to discuss the operations toolbar.…Operations are functions done to existing curves.…The first operation is what's called Corner.…You'll notice that, under the Corner,…I have Tangent Arc as well as Corner.…For this, I'm just going to simply select Corner.…And there's several ways you can go about making the Corner.…You'll notice under the sketch tools toolbar…that I have what's called Trim All Elements,…Trim First, No Trim to Any Elements,…Standard Lines Trim, etc.…
I'm going to select my first curve.…Select my second curve.…And you'll notice that the arc is now active.…I'm just dragging along.…I'm not holding my mouse button down or anything.…This is just letting me know that I have an arc.…Where do I want to place the arc?…I can come in here.…I can enter in radius.…I can simply just select out in space…and create the arc that I want.…Now that I have my first arc, I'm going to go back…into my Corner function, create another arc…by using one of these other options.…
Here, I'm going to create what's called a Standard Lines Trim.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.