Learn how to use the mouse and keyboard to rotate and translate data in the graphics window.
- [Instructor] Here I want to talk about how we…navigate within the graphics window.…Pan, rotate, translations, zooms,…those kinds of things using the mouse.…Now the people over at DeSo have done a wonderful job…of basically controlling your screen with the mouse.…They've really simplified it but you have…to get used to the little finger dance…to make sure you get the most out of the usage…of your mouse when you're doing your panning…and zooming and everything is based off…of the middle mouse button.…So if I come in and right now hover over…the top of a bit of geometry and just simply…click the middle mouse button or your wheel,…just by clicking on that geometry it recenters…the point of rotation to that geometry…that you've selected so now when I rotate…you'll see it rotates about that point.…
Now the next question that I get is well…how did you just rotate that Steve?…And the way that works is once again…off of the middle mouse button.…So if I singularly click on something…that becomes a point of rotation.…If I click and hold the middle mouse button down…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.