Learn about the mirror, which allows you to create features on one side of a model and copy them over to the other side.
- [Instructor] While in the sketcher you've seen me…use the mirror function as well as the symmetry function.…Now you can perform mirrors and symmetries…on solid bodies as well.…Now the tool that we're going to start out with is mirror.…I'm going to select mirror and as you can see it's going to ask…for mirroring element.…Just below that, object to mirror.…As it's set we have current solid meaning everything…that we have here is going to be mirrored across.…What do I want to mirror across?…In this case I'm going to pick this plane.…
I could also pick a plane of face.…Once I select my plane you'll notice mirror element…is selected.…Select okay and there's our mirror.…Notice it copied one side over to the other.…I'm going to undo that.…There's also a symmetry.…You'll notice that next to mirror icon…under transformations you have your translation…and rotation and symmetry.…Here under the symmetry button once I select symmetry…a question pops up.…
Do you really want to keep…the transformation specifications?…It's asking you do you really want to symmetry this across?…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.