Learn how to measure a singular object.
- [Instructor] Here I'm going to talk about the MeasureItem.…MeasureItem is similar to MeasureBetween.…The difference is that this allows you…to pick only one element,…whereas the MeasureBetween is between two elements.…Now you'll notice that I have the MeasureBetween…items and icons here as well, so you can go…to any one of these two and just simply select…the function you want to use.…You'll also notice that when I am on the MeasureItem,…the cursor looks like a pair of verniers or calipers.…
Now with this, I can come in and specify an edge, a face,…a point, and it'll give me the information of that item.…Where it's at in space, in this case I have a radius.…If I go to the customize button, you'll notice…that I have several options here.…So, as far as arc goes, I can get the arc length,…I can angles, I can get diameter, so on and so forth.…Same thing with surfaces, planes, perimeters, volumes.…
Select OK.…Now that edge is currently selected.…You'll see that I have my length of 142.942 millimeters,…my angle's 180 degrees, comes out and around.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.