Find your inertia moments and other critical analysis inputs.
- [Instructor] Here I want to talk about Measure Inertia.…When I select on Measure Inertia,…you'll notice that I have two options.…I have Measure Inertia 3D,…Measure Inertia 2D.…For here, we're going to talk about Measure Inertia 3D.…If you're doing any sort of analysis stress…and so on, you're going to do obviously Measure Inertia 2D.…Now, with 3D Measure Inertia, you just come in,…you select the body.…You notice that I can pick features as well,…but in this case, I want the entire body.…As soon as I select the body,…graphically displays the bonding box.…
Here's your volume, here's your area,…the mass of the part density.…So if you have a density you want to apply,…you can manually enter it here,…anywhere you see a white text box you can.…Or if you have applied a material,…somebody gives you material that you want…or that they need, you can apply it manually here.…You also have the capabilities of going into Customize.…Within Customize, you can pull out your various…types of inertias.…Simply specifying which ones you want,…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.