Learn about how to launch and get working. CATIA has many different file types with appropriate workbenches. Learn how to get to them.
- [Instructor] There are several ways to launch CATIA,…here I have a desktop icon which I can double click.…Once CATIA has launched, you'll see an empty workspace.…In the window, you'll see the menu and several icons.…Most of the icons will be grayed out or deactivated.…What we're looking for first,…is to either start a new part…or open existing data.…
So we'll start with File,…New.…The File New window appears…and as you can see there is a long list of…types of files that can be created.…Everything that we're going to be doing…in the first portion of our course is going to be a CATPart.…Now just to note, to anyone that's starting out in CATIA,…this list of file types is going to change…based off of the available license…which we will discuss here shortly…within CATIA licensing manager.…
Depending upon what licenses you have active,…you will see a smaller or greater list…of available file types.…So here we're going to select our Part,…select OK,…and because this is the first time we've launched CATIA,…a New Part window dialogue appears.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.