Learn about the hole function, which has many options for your various hole types, from counter bored holes to threaded holes.
- [Instructor] Here, I set up a part to demonstrate…the hole function, and there's several options…within the hole function that basically…carry out through pad and pocket as well,…that I wanted to wait 'til the hole function to get to it…because it's really easy to demonstrate these options.…And those options that I'm talking about within…hole function are going to be the extension.…Basically, how deep or how tall, how long,…how far, does something go?…You'll notice here, I have blind, up to next,…up to last, up to plain, and surface.…
If I go into the pad, you'll see I have…the same thing, I have the dimension,…means at blind, up to next, up to last,…up to plane, up to surface, so those options…are there within pocket as well.…Now, when I go into the hole function,…this is where sometimes the interface…gets a little confusing for some people,…and the reason behind it is, I have a function,…it's active, but I don't see a menu appear.…Now, again, if you read your cue line down at the bottom,…you'll see, it's asking for select a face or a plane.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.