CATIA has several filleting tools. Depending upon your solid model and engineering requirements, there is a filleting tool to meet your needs.
- [Instructor] Here I want to talk about the edge fillet…and chamfer functions.…Edge fillet and chamfer work off of edges from a solid.…You can also select faces, which I'll demonstrate,…and it will pick all of the adjacent edges…based off of that face.…So we'll go into the edge fillet.…Now, this is a dress up feature.…You need to have an existing solid…in order to create an edge fillet.…Without the solid in place, this feature is not available.…So here, pretty straightforward,…you select an edge you want to apply the fillet to,…specify the radius,…and do a preview to get a quick visualization…of the size of the radius,…and, if everything checks out,…simply select okay to apply the radius.…
I'm going to double click on that to modify it…and I'm going to select additional edges.…As you can see, the system solves that edge fillet…at these corners appropriately.…Now, if I double click on that,…I can add additional edges once again to my edge fillet.…I'm just going to undo that, come back in,…and then this time, instead of picking an edge,…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.