Once you are in a sketch, you need to get out. Learn about what to expect when you do exit.
- [Narrator] Here I want to talk about…entering and exiting the sketcher.…Yes, I want to make a separate video for this…because a lot of people get confused…once they exit out of the sketch.…What happens?…Now, CATIA is built off of many, many workbenches.…So here we're inside of the part design workbench.…If I enter into the sketcher.…You'll see here. Pick my plane.…Draw my sketch. Exit out.…As you've seen a few times, it enters to the sketcher,…comes out, and we're back into part design workbench.…
But, as you go through and you work in CATIA,…more and more what might actually end up happening…is that you may be in a different workbench,…something like generative shape design.…Now, we're not going to talk about generative shape design.…Here, we want to talk about just what happens…within the sketcher.…If I come in and create another sketch,…within the generative shape design workbench,…and I exit out.…What you'll notice is that I'm inside…of the generative shape design workbench still.…The previous workbench you were in,…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.