Learn about applying secondary features to sculpt your solid.
- [Instructor] In the previous step I created a pad.…This gives us our solid volume.…Now, I'm going to dress up the pad.…I have several features…that allow me to dress this solid up.…I have edge fillets, chamfers, drafts, and such.…I'm going to select the edge fillet,…I'm going to pick an edge to apply this to,…enter in the size of the fillet that I want.…I can select Preview to visualize what it's going to be…and if it's good I can select OK.…If I'm going to reuse that fillet over and over again,…I can double-click on it,…I can come in, select that edge,…enter in the value that I want,…once I select OK it's going to keep…the Edge Fillet Definition window open…so I can go through and apply additional fillets.…
Select Cancel or again you can use Escape on the keyboard.…Now at this point, I realize that I wanted to do…a draft feature before I wanted to apply these edge fillets.…So I'm going to go back to Pad 1,…I'm going to right mouse click on top of it,…Define In Work Object,…I'm going to select my draft,…pick the faces that I want to draft…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Intermediate
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.