Learn how to multi-select objects and features using assist keys on the keyboard.
- [Instructor] Here I'm going to talk about…how to select elements and interfacing with the tree…and elements within the graphics window.…So the first thing I want to do is I want to turn on…several elements to help demonstrate this.…I'm going to go into Tools, Show, All Sketches.…Now, we see all of our sketches in the graphics window.…If I select a sketch, you'll notice that…it highlights the sketch here.…It also wants to highlight it in the tree.…The problem is is we don't see where it's highlighting it…in the tree exactly…and the reason behind that is…is because it's not expanded out to the sketch.…
If I right mouse click on top of that sketch,…I can say center graph and it'll take me to that sketch.…You can see now where it's located at.…If I go up into View and under Tree Expansion,…I can say Expand Second Level.…Here we can see our expanded tree out to now all…of the second level elements.…So, here, if I highlight over a sketch,…you can see now where that sketch is in the tree.…
Again, if you can't, you can just right mouse click…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.