Now that you have a part, you need to make the drawing. This first step is the initial setup of your drawing page.
- [Instructor] So we've gone to great lengths…to design our part.…Now, we need to go through and define the part.…We're going to define the part in a drawing.…So the first thing we're going to do is…we're going to make sure we have our part open,…and this is going to be the same for an assembly.…If we're going to detail out the assembly,…you have the assembly open.…If you're going to detail out the part, you have the part open.…Now that I have my part open,…all I have to do is go into Start,…Mechanical Design, and under Mechanical Design,…you have Drafting.…
As soon as I select Drafting,…I'm going to get this new drawing creation wizard.…What this wizard is asking is…do I want an empty sheet?…Do I want all views?…Front, bottom, and right?…Or front, top, and left?…It's going to tell you global scale,…the paper size, the format, and standard that's being used.…Now, at this point, I'm just going to simply leave it as…an empty sheet, and I'm going to come back…and add the views in that I want.…
So, I'm just going to select okay.…
- Working with the CATIA v5 UI
- Understanding the menus
- Part visualizations
- Part design workflow
- Creating a sketch
- Basic editing
- Creating and editing sketch curves
- Part design
- Measures and analysis
- Building a project
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
Product Design: From Sketch to CADwith Jean Gorospe1h 16m Intermediate
Design Foundations: Physical Materialswith Scott Clear1h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to CATIA v5
2.The CATIA v5 User Interface
3. Part Design Workflow
4. Sketch Options and Settings
5. Creating and Editing Sketch Curves
6. Part Design
7. Measures and Analysis
8. Building a Product
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.