Construction is an industry that's been around for thousands of years. This industry persists due to the evolution of technology being integrated into the process.
- Construction science.…The world's oldest profession.…Now, you know the old joke about…the world's oldest profession…but I argue they had to have a building to do it in.…We really are one of the most incredible industries…in the planet earth.…From the dawn of time, humanity has sought cover,…protection, really, we're in the human comfort industry…in construction science.…We make people more comfortable, we make their lives better,…we make it easy for them to move,…we make it easy for them to live.…
Construction science, as I define it, is the materials,…tools, and methods to build vertical, horizontal,…and underground structures and it's an old, old industry.…Let's just go through a few projects that I think…are notable in the history of construction science…and the impact that it had on today…and the technology they used at the time.…The Pyramids at Giza,…delivered to their owner in the year 2560 BC.…Now, there were two crews of about 100 thousand very non,…non-union workers that built this.…
They delivered it way, way under budget.…
Follow James Benham—the CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc.—as he explains how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study. James shares essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about topics like the cloud and machine learning. Plus, he dives into topics like the Internet of Things, the evolution of drones, and 3D printing. To wrap up the course, he covers IT budgets, staffing, and investing in research and development.
- Learning about the origins of construction technology
- Reviewing essential construction tech terms
- Understanding the Internet of Things
- Reviewing the evolution of drones
- Learning about the 3D printing process
- Investing in IT
- Investing in research and development