Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video A day in the life, part of Construction Management Foundations.
- We've talked about some of the different roles…that can be played by a person…with the title of Construction Manager.…So, now let's hear from a few people…who actually have this title,…and learn a little bit more about what they do each day.…- My name is Nate Gorrocino.…I'm a Project Manager for Sunland Asphalt.…We are a heavy civil contractor in the state of Arizona.…We work primarily in asphalt related projects,…such as roads and streets.…
- My name's Lew Laws.…I'm a graduate from Arizona State University,…a long, long time ago, 25 years ago.…Actually graduated with a Mechanical Engineering degree.…Never thought I would ever be in construction.…I graduated during a recession, though,…and could not find the job that I wanted,…so just kind of fell in my lap by one of the ladies…that I worked with at American Express in Customer Service,…her father just happened to work for Johnson Controls.…And she said, "Oh, you're an engineer.…"They're looking for engineers."…'Cause everybody uses the word engineer, ya know?…
Whether you're a construction industry veteran looking to switch roles or a brand new construction manager trying to get your bearings, this course provides you with meaningful insights into this vital, evolving industry and your role in it. Instructor Jim Rogers explains how integrated project delivery methods work, how technology is shaking up old processes, and how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites. Throughout the course, you'll get industry knowledge from Jim, as well as other experienced construction professionals.
- Modern construction industry overview
- The construction team
- Reviewing the many roles of the construction manager
- A day in the life of a construction manager
- Understanding how the industry is organized
- Working with alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding the role of technology in construction