Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video The construction team, part of Construction Management Foundations.
- Now remember, none of the activity we've discussed so far…happens successfully without a whole team of people…working together towards a common goal.…Now we started this course by talking about the fact…that the process begins with an owner, who has a need.…And we heard from an architect, and we learned…a little bit more about their role in the process.…So, just to break that part down just a little bit,…typically an architect is going to need to be artistic.…They need that ability that we discussed…to transform verbal ideas into physical designs.…
They're the ones that are going to interface…with those regulatory officials,…to ensure compliance with regulations.…And they're going to review building codes,…to ensure that requirements are met…in all aspects of the facility's design,…ranging from details like number of parking spaces…that are required, to the proper size of rooms,…the placement of electrical outlets,…and the whole distribution of utilities.…The architect plays the lead role…in that design of the project,…
Whether you're a construction industry veteran looking to switch roles or a brand new construction manager trying to get your bearings, this course provides you with meaningful insights into this vital, evolving industry and your role in it. Instructor Jim Rogers explains how integrated project delivery methods work, how technology is shaking up old processes, and how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites. Throughout the course, you'll get industry knowledge from Jim, as well as other experienced construction professionals.
- Modern construction industry overview
- The construction team
- Reviewing the many roles of the construction manager
- A day in the life of a construction manager
- Understanding how the industry is organized
- Working with alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding the role of technology in construction