Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video The committee, part of BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standards.
- [Instructor] Hey, guys, we're getting…the band back together. (laughs)…I know what you're going to say.…Nothing's going to ruin progress more than putting…a committee together to put a wet blanket over everything.…Yeah, sometimes.…I've found enough CAD committees over the years…to wince at the thought of the CAD standards meeting.…Yikes, I've never heard, "Hey, Eric,…"I'm really looking forward to the standards meeting today."…Hmm, well, this is precisely why we need to have them,…because you get to hash stuff out.…Let's look at some of the positives we can derive…from having such a committee.…Well, first of all, you don't have to just argue…about standards the whole time.…
Do CAD BIM lunch and learns, and keep on them.…Make them fun.…They don't have to be long.…And I know what's going to happen,…it's going to be just you doing them.…Ask people to help and they probably won't,…at least not at first.…Just keep doing them and you can get…some dialog back and forth.…And this opens workflow discussions, it really does.…
- CAD, BIM, and VDC managers
- Graphical and process standards
- The BIM Level of Detail (LOD)
- BIM execution agreements
- COBie and IFC formats
- Assigning a project CAD lead
- Reviewing the QA and QC process
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Standards
2. National CAD Standard (NCS)
3. BIM Execution
4. Standards Adherence
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.