Join Brian Myers for an in-depth discussion in this video Who requires BIM management?, part of BIM Management: Careers.
- [Instructor] When considering BIM management…for a career, we also need to think about…who it is that requires BIM management.…The first people that I think of are designers.…Designers could be architectural designers,…interior designers, various engineers.…They could even be civil engineers.…Each one of these has different BIM management requirements…and needs as far as how the information needs to be handled,…how the information needs to be categorized,…how that information can be accessed,…how the models can be built,…how production teams can be able to do their work…quickly and efficiently.…
All these are issues that BIM managers…for designers need to consider.…Then we need to consider BIM management for builders.…That can included the 4D aspects of BIM management.…How will the building go together?…Will there be a collision if one object,…such as a duct, is drawn through a certain area…and then actually constructed in a certain area,…versus a pipe that needs to go through a very similar area?…Will there be enough room…
- Where do BIM managers come from?
- Certificate programs and industry degrees
- Coming from a nontraditional educational background
- Establishing a career plan
- Organizational roles, including CAD, BIM, and VDC manager positions
- Understanding where you fit in an organization
- Leveraging resources and support systems
- Resume tips
- Cultivating your online presence
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
3. Organizational Roles
4. Office Environment
5. Required Skills
6. Resources and Support Systems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.