Discover the background and competencies that you should have before beginning this course. Then, learn what to expect from this course.
- [Instructor] This course deals, with the concepts related to change management in an agile new product development environment. I'm a strong proponent in viewing challenges like this in a holistic manner, ensuring that the people, the processes, and the technology challenges, are addressed. This means we're striving for an environment in which all three of these factors are optimized and maximized. So how do we get there from here? Well we get there by creating another Venn diagram of course, well no, not really, but a Venn diagram's helpful to discuss the path forward.
To maximize your learning potential for this course, you should have a solid understanding of the agile project management methodology. There are many fine courses available on the subject of agile project management, and in addition, my course on agile project management for new product development can provide a good foundation for this course. You should also be comfortable with the new product development processes, and particularly, the change management processes and techniques used for new product development.
Lastly, this course will integrate organizational leadership concepts into your learning, so we'll pay particular attention to a few key areas around organizational leaderships and the soft skills necessary to successfully implement these techniques.
- Why change management is hard
- Increasing rigor for new product development
- Anticipating change
- Restricting change
- Improving your tools and technology
- Managing each phase of change
- Adopting a change management solution framework