Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video What does a construction manager do?, part of Construction Management Foundations.
- Part business manager and part building scientist.…The construction manager's main goal is to safely deliver…a project on time that meets the owner's requirements…and is constructed within the projected budget.…Now, that might sound pretty straightforward,…but when you think back to all of the steps…and all of the people involved,…this can be a daunting task.…Now, I'm going to say that there are three components…that make up every construction project,…management, engineering, and construction.…
In order to ensure success, each one of these components…has to be present in all phases of the construction cycle,…from concept and design, through building,…and even onto commissioning and hand off.…Now, these components won't always be present…in the same proportions,…but it is critical that they all remain present.…So, for example, even during the programming phase…where design is obviously going to play the biggest role,…it's still important for the construction influence…to remain in order to ensure that the design…
Whether you're a construction industry veteran looking to switch roles or a brand new construction manager trying to get your bearings, this course provides you with meaningful insights into this vital, evolving industry and your role in it. Instructor Jim Rogers explains how integrated project delivery methods work, how technology is shaking up old processes, and how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites. Throughout the course, you'll get industry knowledge from Jim, as well as other experienced construction professionals.
- Modern construction industry overview
- The construction team
- Reviewing the many roles of the construction manager
- A day in the life of a construction manager
- Understanding how the industry is organized
- Working with alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding the role of technology in construction