Learn how technology is altering the future of construction. Discover how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study, learn essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about key topics, and more.
- Howdy, I'm James Behmam, CEO of JBKnowledge. I'm joining you here from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Bryan, Texas, just down the street from my own moderate Texas A&M. I'm here to teach you today about the future of construction technology. Now, to understand the future, we have to understand the past, so we're going to go over the history of construction science, computer science, and really how those fields are fundamentally merging together into one joint field of study. We're also going to talk about how you can sustain the competitive advantage, then we're going to teach you some terms so you can speak intelligently about these topics like big data, machine learning, and the cloud.
Then, we're going to jump into topics like internet of things, augmented and virtual reality, drones, and much more. And finally, we'll wrap this whole thing up with budgeting, staffing, and how you can form your own research and development arm of your company to innovate inside your company. I hope you'll join me for this course. Let's geek out.
Follow James Benham—the CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc.—as he explains how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study. James shares essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about topics like the cloud and machine learning. Plus, he dives into topics like the Internet of Things, the evolution of drones, and 3D printing. To wrap up the course, he covers IT budgets, staffing, and investing in research and development.
- Learning about the origins of construction technology
- Reviewing essential construction tech terms
- Understanding the Internet of Things
- Reviewing the evolution of drones
- Learning about the 3D printing process
- Investing in IT
- Investing in research and development