Learn what it means to be a construction manager. Gain meaningful insights into the state of the modern construction industry and how to thrive in a management role.
- The construction industry has seen a huge jump in the demand for trained and qualified construction managers, and at the same time, the roles played by these construction managers have been greatly expanded due to changes in the industry. We've seen this industry grow and mature with a move away from the old design bid build way of doing things over to more integrated methods of project delivery, and this one change alone has resulted in a higher demand for construction professionals, and construction professionals that are not only experienced in fields means and methods, but that also have a real understanding of design and building science so that they can contribute in a positive way during the design phase of the facility.
The role of the construction manager is now recognized as essential to the successful development of the project. And all of this growth and all of these changes have also brought about a real need for continuing education and professional development within the construction industry. Hi, my name's Jim Rogers, and I want to welcome you to this course on construction management. Now, this is course is meant to be an overview on what it means to be a construction manager, so whether you're someone who's worked in the construction industry and you're maybe looking to make a move to a different role, or you're a new construction manager and you're looking to gain some knowledge and insight into this industry, this course is for you.
Even seasoned construction managers will find value in this course as we review how integrated project delivery methods work, how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites, and how technology is forever changing many of our long-standing processes. Throughout this course, I'm going to talk about these processes, but you'll also get to hear from several other experienced industry professionals as they give us their insights and share their industry knowledge. So, with that, let's take a look at the modern construction industry.
Whether you're a construction industry veteran looking to switch roles or a brand new construction manager trying to get your bearings, this course provides you with meaningful insights into this vital, evolving industry and your role in it. Instructor Jim Rogers explains how integrated project delivery methods work, how technology is shaking up old processes, and how lean productivity methods are being used at construction sites. Throughout the course, you'll get industry knowledge from Jim, as well as other experienced construction professionals.
- Modern construction industry overview
- The construction team
- Reviewing the many roles of the construction manager
- A day in the life of a construction manager
- Understanding how the industry is organized
- Working with alternative project delivery methods
- Understanding the role of technology in construction