Learn all about the key building blocks of electrical systems: panel boards, frequency drives, and transformers.
- [Chris] Some of the major pieces of equipment that electricians use to distribute and manipulate electricity so they can use it effectively are: transformers, panel boards, switchboards, load centers, and even variable frequency drives. Hello, my name is Chris Randall, and I've been an electrical contractor and electrician for over 30 years. In this course, we're going to take a look at all of this equipment and get a general understanding of what it looks like, the components that make them up, and how they work. We're also going to have some fun with some basic math as it's used in electrical calculations. So if you're interested in this type of electrical equipment, follow along with me. Let's get started.
- Electrical transformer basics
- Isolation transformers
- Oil-filled transformers
- Transformer math
- Installing panel boards and switchboards
- Major components of variable-frequency drives (VFD)
- Installing a VFD
- Controlling a VFD and special sensors