Understand how to manage 3D printer settings so that you can get the best possible quality 3D print.
- [Joan] Hello, and welcome to our course that'll teach you how to optimize your 3D prints. I'm Joan Horvath, and I'll be doing most of the talking on the course, but you'll hear me say we most of the time during the course because the scripts are based on work Rich Cameron and I have done together. We have a two person company, Nonscriptum LLC, that teaches people how to use 3D printers. I'm trained as an engineer and spent some time as an actual rocket scientist before becoming an entrepreneur. - [Rich] And I'm Rich Cameron. I'll be driving the mouse and the screenshots during this course, and as Joan mentioned, we worked on scripts together.
I designed some of the earliest RepRap machines, which evolved into the consumer 3D printers of today. My online name is Whosawhatsis, and if you're getting seriously into 3D printing, you'll likely see me on various forums where I help people learn how to use open-source hardware and software. In this course, we'll start with a little background about 3D printers and the 3D printer workflow in case you aren't familiar with either one. If you're new to 3D printing, be sure to watch these videos first. - [Joan] Next, we'll talk about the programs that you can use for various parts of the 3D printing workflow. 3D printing starts with a CAD file or other 3D model.
Then the rest of the course, we'll get into a lot of detail about various settings for a printer. This course teaches you about how to change the settings on your 3D printer. We want to teach you what we've learned about making 3D prints as awesome as possible. We look forward to telling you about it.
- Slicing and host programs
- Selecting the best print resolution
- Retraction, filament, extrusion, and nozzle settings
- Setting printer temperature and speed
- Working with multiple extruders