- Creating a simple material
- Applying materials to objects
- Editing materials
- Using textures with materials
- Creating PBR materials
- Adding effects such as transparency and animation
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Craig] Hi, I'm Craig Barr, and welcome to introduction to Unreal materials. Unreal Engine is a powerful game development and visualization framework. Whether it's for virtual reality, building a game, or visualizing CAD data, with Unreal Engine, the applications and possibilities are truly endless. Materials in Unreal Engine can be deep and complex, but they don't have to be. This course provides an introduction to the power of Unreal Engine materials. Together, we explore how materials operate in Unreal Engine, how to work with a material editor, building custom physically based materials for a guitar model, and finally, we examine an introduction to effects and animation with materials.
Welcome, let's get started.