This video covers the Internet of Things and the Internet of Buildings.
- IoT, Internet of Things, what a nebulous concept.…What does that even mean?…Let's break it down.…Internet of Things is the concept that all things electronic…and non electronic are connected together in real time.…So you can remotely control them, remotely manage them.…Now, you have a wide variety of IoT devices,…from air sensors, to light sensors,…to light switch, to light bulbs.…There's a, there's a broad array and diversity…of IoT devices coming on the market.…
In fact, I was at Consumer Electronics Show,…and I think there was probably a fifth of the show room…floor in one of the major areas was…just dedicated to IoT devices.…So this is a, an area of life that's really foreign…to a lot of us, but it's going to become…a much bigger part of our lives.…So, when we look at IoT, let's just talk about some…practical examples that you may have right now in your life.…And I'm going to talk about a few that I have.…OnStar, in my Chevy truck I've got OnStar.…It allows me to remotely unlock and lock the doors,…remotely start the engine, check the fuel level.…
Follow James Benham—the CEO of JBKnowledge, Inc.—as he explains how construction science and computer science are merging into one joint field of study. James shares essential terms that you need to know to speak intelligently about topics like the cloud and machine learning. Plus, he dives into topics like the Internet of Things, the evolution of drones, and 3D printing. To wrap up the course, he covers IT budgets, staffing, and investing in research and development.
- Learning about the origins of construction technology
- Reviewing essential construction tech terms
- Understanding the Internet of Things
- Reviewing the evolution of drones
- Learning about the 3D printing process
- Investing in IT
- Investing in research and development