Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Sustainability, part of Construction Management: Modular Construction Methods.
- One of the things that our industry has been working … on is improving sustainability. … One of the big ways we can become … a more sustainable industry is to reduce … the amount of scrap material that ends up in the landfill. … - From working in the field, another example … of improvement is job sites, not only the traffic … with employees comin' on, but you have … a lot of traffic going in there for reclaiming some … of the materials, or just hauling it off to the dump. … You don't have control over a lot of that. … What's generated up on … the job site when they drop something. … I mean think about it, if somebody's cutting … a wall and they cut this and they put it up, … what happens to that? … Well, your coworkers over there might be able … to use it, but does he know you have it? … In a controlled environment here, … if we're doing something like that, … we have areas where we store that … and we reuse as much as possible to minimize that waste, … rather than a big piece we're throwin' out, …
- What is modular construction?
- Advantages of modular construction
- Limitations of modular construction
- Combining on-site and premanufactured construction
- Benefits: Continuous improvement to sustainability