Join Brian Myers for an in-depth discussion in this video Requirements, part of BIM Management: Careers.
- [Instructor] These skills I'll just call requirements.…The reason is is that no matter what your role is…in the BIM management process, you need to understand…these four things.…The first thing is, what deliverable is expected…of the project team.…Is it to 2D drawings, is it 3D models, is it PDF's?…Could it possibly be certain kinds of files,…such as certain CAD files,…or maybe certain three dimensional BIM files?…What will those deliverables ultimately be?…Because if you don't know what the deliverables are…then you don't know what the expectations are…for your project teams.…
You also need to understand what the client wants.…Sometimes, those standard things you'll provide…to a client or during a project, aren't exactly…what the client wants.…So, not only do you need to understand…what the standard deliverables are…that you would need to produce,…but you also need to know, does the client…want something in addition to those standard deliverables.…There's also the ability to read and understand…what I have labeled as a BEP, which stands…
- Where do BIM managers come from?
- Certificate programs and industry degrees
- Coming from a nontraditional educational background
- Establishing a career plan
- Organizational roles, including CAD, BIM, and VDC manager positions
- Understanding where you fit in an organization
- Leveraging resources and support systems
- Resume tips
- Cultivating your online presence
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
3. Organizational Roles
4. Office Environment
5. Required Skills
6. Resources and Support Systems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.