Join Jim Rogers for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing the build time, part of Construction Management: Modular Construction Methods.
- As we've already heard, by moving some … of the construction activities to an offsite location, … I should be able to realize some substantial time benefits. … For example, I should be able to take advantage … of the fact that I can be producing panelized floors … and walls in the factory while I'm doing site work … and foundations out of the job site. … As soon as the foundations are ready, … I can start delivering those completed assemblies … and fly each one into place immediately. … The time to erect the pre-fabricated elements … in the field should be far less than stick building piece … by piece in the field. … This can result in real time savings … on the overall project schedule. … Take the examples of the planned Marriott in New York City … that I mentioned, or the pre-fabrication … of the bathrooms by The Whites Company. … Because all of that construction happens offsite, … it can be happening simultaneously … with the onsite work. … We can realize some big time savings here. …
- What is modular construction?
- Advantages of modular construction
- Limitations of modular construction
- Combining on-site and premanufactured construction
- Benefits: Continuous improvement to sustainability