- [Instructor] When I'm doing hiring,…I absolutely love portfolios,…and this actually ties into the resume as well.…The reason why I love portfolios,…and for that matter, I love well-written resumes,…is that during the actual interview process,…they give me something to ask questions about,…to talk about, and to develop conversations…with you about your prior work experience.…Now from a BIM management side of things,…there are only so many things that you can actually put…inside of a portfolio.…
Now, you may decide to put 3D models.…You could decide to show this is a sequencing that I did…showing time from the first groundbreaking…to the building being built.…You may put together presentations…that show how you were able to do cost estimating.…Or if your strength is programming,…you may even show some really simple scripts…that you've done or maybe some very complex…scripts that you've done.…And those could all be in that portfolio of work.…
But the key to all this is that whatever your portfolio is,…it should always show applicable work.…
- Where do BIM managers come from?
- Certificate programs and industry degrees
- Coming from a nontraditional educational background
- Establishing a career plan
- Organizational roles, including CAD, BIM, and VDC manager positions
- Understanding where you fit in an organization
- Leveraging resources and support systems
- Resume tips
- Cultivating your online presence
Skill Level Beginner
BIM Manager: Managing CAD Standardswith Eric Wing55m 33s Intermediate
3. Organizational Roles
4. Office Environment
5. Required Skills
6. Resources and Support Systems
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.